El Dorado Hosts AQHA Trail Ride August 2nd.
The Frontier Western Celebration will be host to an AQHA trail ride on August 2nd at El Dorado Lake, Boulder Bluff Area #2, El Dorado, KS. Check in will begin at 9am with the ride to start at 10am. For more information click on the link below.
State Qualifying Rules for Level 1 Championships
Please note the following rules which will be used to determine the state qualifiers for the Level 1 East and West Championships. For more information on other methods of qualifying please click on the link under the Latest News. Each state may send up to 6 participants per class.
Qualifying Period: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Participant must be a member in good standing of Kansas Quarter Horse Association or Kansas Quarter Horse Youth Association for 2015.
- Participants must show to nine judges in Kansas-approved shows (Prairie Classic included) between January 1, 2015 and the end of qualifying.
KQHYA congratulates the 2015 Serrault-Gorthy Scholarship winners
All three of these young ladies will be attending Kansas State University in the fall of 2015, and exact amounts of their scholarships will be announced in the fall. Additionally, we congratulate Bayley Reiswig on being the winner of an $8000 AQHA Foundation Scholarship! We are proud of our youth and their accomplishments!
Youth Excellence Seminar July 7-9, 2015
What is YES?
The 2015 Bank of America Youth Excellence Seminar is July 7-9, 2015, in Amarillo, Texas. YES welcomes AQHYA members and nonmembers, ages 10 to 18 to experience this three-day, fun-packed event that offers valuable leadership skills, inspiring speakers and tons of fun.
“The YES conference was one of the most fun things I've ever done because you get to be with people that share the exact same interests as you. I really like that you learn so much about leadership. Everybody’s included, and it’s so much fun.” – Fallon Eaton, Nevada, AQHYA Member
- Anyone can attend -- current AQHYA members and non-members.
- Five AQHYA officers will be elected. (President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Member and Member)
- Region directors will be elected. AQHYA has 11 regions. Each region will elect three AQHYA to be directors.
How to Register for YES:
Prices of YES Registration:
- $110 registered by April 30, 2015, current AQHYA and AQHA members.
- $125 registered by April 30, 2015, for non-members of AQHYA and/or AQHA.
- Late registrations received after April 30: $25 late fee and subject to availability.
- All registration fees include meals.
Holiday Inn West Medical
8231 W. Amarillo Blvd., Amarillo, TX 79124
$93 flat rate. Breakfast included.
Country Inn & Suites
2000 Soncy, 79124
$79 flat rate. Breakfast included.
Comfort Inn & Suites
2300 Soncy 79121
806-457-9100; fax 457-9101
$79 flat rate. Breakfast included.
Home 2 Suites by Hilton Amarillo
8251 West Amarillo Boulevard 79124
806-803-7777; fax 803-7778
$99 single/double. Breakfast included.
- Deadline to register: April 30, 2015
- Last day to replace individuals: June 10, 2015
- Late fees will apply after deadlines.
Forms, Applications and Resources:
- Wrangler Aspire Award Application
- Supplemental Forms: Clothing Guideline, Participation Agreement, Parental Consent
- Youth Excellence Seminar Medical Release
- 2015 YES Agenda
Questions? Call Manager of AQHYA Kate Vierthaler at 806-378-4392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AQHA NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIP HORSE SHOWS
It's Time To Renew Your Membership
All memberships expire on January 31st.
Reminder: Membership dues must be paid prior to the show that you want points to begin at. In order for points to count, both the exhibitor and owner of the horse/horses must be paid. Open
points are kept on the horses; amateur &
youth on the horse rider combination.
Youth have additional requirements to fulfill for eligibility.
Photos courtesy of the Wright Focus(www.wrightfocus.com)